Come explore the wonders of Neelum Valley, a stunning gem located in the heart of Pakistan. This captivating destination boasts breathtaking landscapes and a vibrant cultural heritage, inviting travelers to discover a myriad of attractions, nearby destinations, and delicious dining options. Let’s embark on a journey to experience the unparalleled beauty of Neelum Valley.
How to Plan an Amazing Trip to Neelum Valley on a Budget
The Neelum Valley is a breathtakingly beautiful and peaceful location in Azad Kashmir, Pakistan. The valley is a long and narrow strip that runs alongside the Neelum River, which begins in Indian-administered Kashmir and empties into the Jhelum River at Muzaffarabad. The valley is flanked by majestic mountains, verdant forests, clear cascading waterfalls, and delightful villages. Additionally, it offers a variety of exciting and adventurous activities, such as hiking, camping, rafting, fishing, and skiing.
If you’re seeking an ideal escape from the hectic city life, the Neelum Valley is an exceptional destination. Nonetheless, you may be curious about how to plan a budget-friendly trip to this paradise. Not to worry, we have got you covered. In this blog post, we will provide you with some of the best tips and tricks to enjoy all that the Neelum Valley has to offer without breaking the bank.
How to Reach Neelum Valley
To get to Neelum Valley, you should first consider your transportation options. The closest major city is Muzaffarabad, the capital of Azad Kashmir. You can travel to Muzaffarabad by either road or air from major cities in Pakistan such as Islamabad, Lahore, and Karachi.
If you choose to travel by road, you can take a bus or a car from Islamabad or Lahore to Muzaffarabad. It is about 138 km from Islamabad and 343 km from Lahore. The road is well-maintained and offers beautiful scenery, but it can be congested and prone to landslides during the rainy season. The bus fare ranges from 300 to 500 PKR per person, while the car rental can cost around 5000 to 8000 PKR per day.
If you prefer to travel by air, you can take a flight from Islamabad or Lahore to Muzaffarabad Airport. The flight duration is approximately 45 minutes from Islamabad and 1 hour and 15 minutes from Lahore. The flight fare ranges from 6000 to 10000 PKR per person.
Once you arrive in Muzaffarabad, you can take a bus or a car to Neelum Valley, which is about 90 km away. The road is narrow and winding along the river. The bus fare ranges from 200 to 300 PKR per person, while the car rental can cost around 3000 to 5000 PKR per day.
Neelum Valley Attractions:
1. Sharda Peeth: Experience a journey through history and spirituality at Sharda Peeth, an ancient Hindu temple surrounded by lush greenery. This holy place provides a peaceful atmosphere and breathtaking views of the Neelum River, making it an essential destination to explore. essential destination to explore.
2. Ratti Gali Lake: Embark on a thrilling trek to Ratti Gali Lake, a turquoise gem nestled amidst snow-capped peaks. This pristine alpine lake mesmerizes visitors with its crystal-clear waters and tranquil surroundings.
3. Keran Valley: Experience serenity at Keran Valley, where the Neelum River gently flows alongside verdant meadows. Enjoy leisurely walks, connect with nature, and capture picture-perfect moments.
4. Kutton Waterfall: Witness the majestic Kutton Waterfall, cascading down rocky cliffs amid dense forests. The captivating sight and the soothing sound of rushing water offer a rejuvenating escape
Where to Stay in Neelum Valley
When planning your trip to Neelum Valley, one important factor to consider is your accommodation. There are various options available, depending on your preferences and budget. You can choose from hotels, guest houses, campsites, or homestays.
For those seeking comfort and convenience, hotels or guest houses in Neelum Valley are a great choice. There are many options located throughout the valley, particularly in towns like Athmuqam, Keran, Sharda, Kel, and Taobat. These accommodations offer amenities such as beds, bathrooms, electricity, hot water, TV, and Wi-Fi. Some even have nearby restaurants and shops. Prices for a double room range from 1000 to 5000 PKR per night.
1. Shan Tikka House: Indulge in the delectable flavors of traditional Pakistani cuisine at Shan Tikka House. Their succulent kebabs and aromatic biryanis will tantalize your taste buds.
2. Pearl Continental Rawalakot Restaurant: Savor a luxurious dining experience at Pearl Continental Rawalakot Restaurant, offering a wide range of international dishes with stunning views of the valley.
3. Neelum View Restaurant: Enjoy a perfect blend of local and international cuisines at Neelum View Restaurant. Their rooftop setting allows you to dine with a panoramic view of Neelum Valley.
If you’re looking for adventure and immersion in nature, campsites or homestays in Neelum Valley are ideal. Many campsites can be found near the river or mountains, providing a unique and unforgettable experience.
1. Pine Park Lodges: Experience comfort and affordability at Pine Park Lodges, offering cozy rooms and beautiful views at budget-friendly rates.
2. Neelum View Hotel: Unwind in the heart of Neelum Valley at Neelum View Hotel, boasting comfortable accommodations and warm hospitality, all within a reasonable budget.
The Neelum Valley is an ideal destination for travelers who seek peace and natural beauty. This hidden gem offers a range of enchanting attractions, delightful eateries, and budget-friendly accommodations. You can embrace the magic of Neelum Valley and create memories that you’ll cherish for a lifetime.